Thursday, January 26, 2012

A Certain Age

   At this moment   I’m   in my little boat called life and serenely floating along.  Most days are smooth as glass but I know that up ahead the white waters and the rapid are lurking.  I gave this analogy to my husband and   explained that we have gotten to an age where we worry about our child, parents, family and we pretend that we have control but really it is just a mirage.  Every person has to experience these sad and scary parts.  I know they go along with all the wonderful things that we have in life.

   He told me in that sweet gentle voice.  “Darlin you just have to take one day at a time because that is the only way you will ever make it.” 

   That really is all any of us can do.  We try to do our best and make good choices but there are some certainties that are inevitable.  So as we wake each morning and place our feet firmly on the steady ground remember one step at a time as well as one day at a time.  Darlin that is really the only way any of us will ever make it.

2 comments:

  1. It is so good to have a rock for a mate. His advice is true and good.

    ReplyDelete